RAW HONEY –
– Bees collect pollen and nectar from flowers and store in the cells of the honeycomb.
– The Deposited Nectar has a mоіѕturе content of about 25-30%
– Nectar is converted into honey by adding enzymes and reducing moisture.
– Bees reduce the moisture content of the nectar to 15-18%, and hence Honey is formed, and this honey is fully ripened honey.
– Bees then seal off the Beeswax (Fully Matured).
– Honey is then finally harvested after the above process if fully complete and ONLY Honey harvested after this natural process and not refined extensively is called RAW Honey.
– The straining process is done using age-old techniques, which help retain the Pollen.
CRYSTALLISED HONEY = HIGH QUALITY
– This Honey is rich in enzymes and Pollen and will have a high tendency to crystallise.
– When honey crystallises, it is still as nutritious and sweet as ever! The crystals prove that your honey is high quality and hasn’t been processed.
– It means that nutritious pollen has not been filtered out and necessary enzymes haven’t been damaged by pasteurisation.
-Two Brothers Organic Farms Honey is more likely to crystallise because we never heat our honey at high temperatures (or pasteurise it).
– Temperatures lower than 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius) can cause crystallisation.
– You might see white flecks in your honey, too.
-This crystallisation even happens in the hive in colder temperatures.
– But for those of us who like to keep our honey slippery smooth, fill a bowl with warm water (Not above 35 degrees celsius) and let your bottle rest until the crystals dissipate.
– Be sure not to microwave your honey, because the heat will destroy many of your favourite enzymes and vitamins.
– Unheated – UnPasteurised
– Gluten-Free – No Antibiotics
– No Added Sugar – No Corn Syrup
– No Wheat Syrup -No Rice Syrup
– No Inverted Sugars
– UnFiltered (Traces of Beeswax & Propolis will be seen)
Check out the specific benefits of Acacia Honey on Google / Publicly available information.